I am a popular public speaker on international law, refugees, migration, international security, and Middle East politics. I am widely praised for my ability to translate complex topics for any audience, and for my passionate delivery.
I regularly lecture 250 military officers on international law and the law of war as a Professor at Marine Corps University. I conduct 10-15 additional invited speaking engagements each year.
Recent speaking engagements have included:
- Speaking alongside world leaders at the Intergovernmental Conference to Adopt the Global Compact for Migration in Marrakech
- Speaking before 200 parliamentarians from around the world at the Office of the UN President of the General Assembly/Interparliamentary Union Interparliamentary Hearings
- Speaking on Information Warfare at the Krulak Center for Innovation and Creativity at Marine Corps University
- Speaking on the future of migration before human rights lawyers from 25 countries at the Academy for Human Rights
- Plenary Speaker at the Academic Council on the U.N. System’s Annual Meeting in Rome, Italy
- Speaking on ISIS and Xenophobia at the Harvard Club of New York
- Speaking on the refugee and migration crisis at WorldBoston, the Boston Chapter of the World Affairs Councils of America.