I am a frequent public speaker on leadership, international and constitutional law, international security, business and human rights, refugees and migration, and Middle East politics. I am widely praised as a dynamic, passionate speaker who can translate complex topics for any audience.
I have lectured 1,200 senior military officers on international law, constitutional law, migration and security, and the law of war as a Professor at Marine Corps University. I conduct 10-15 additional invited speaking and workshop engagements each year for public, private sector, and academic audiences.
Descriptions of my Corporate Workshops are available on my Consulting Page.
As a Professor with 20 years of teaching experience, I am used to designing unique talks tailored for your audience.
Every audience below received a unique presentation or workshop.
Potential Subjects Include:
- International and Constitutional Law
- Refugees and Migration
- ESG and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Lawfare and Business Risk
- Building Trust In Leadership
- How to Make Good Leaders Great
- Migration as a Business Opportunity
- Becoming a Global Corporate Citizen
- Inclusive Leadership
- Information Warfare
- International Development
- Middle East Law and Politics
Representative Speaking Engagements:
- My TEDx talk, “Leadership Has No Gender,” presented at the TEDx UMD “Bold Ideas” conference in November 2020. (video below)
- Speaking alongside world leaders at the Intergovernmental Conference to Adopt the Global Compact for Migration in Marrakech
- Speaking before 200 parliamentarians from around the world at the Office of the UN President of the General Assembly/Interparliamentary Union Interparliamentary Hearings
- Speaking about writing and my career before the Women Ambassadors Forum, a conference bringing together hundreds of women corporate leaders with emerging women leaders from all over the world.
- Speaking at Marine Corps University-Command and Staff College Constitution Day 2020 (video below)
- Speaking about my career before the entire International MPA program at the University of Pennsylvania
- Speaking about my research on Lawfare at the Harvard Kennedy School’s International Security Program
- Speaking on my research on Lawfare before the Global Dialogue Forum in New Delhi, India
- Speaking on Business and Human Rights at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of International Law.
- Speaking on Information Warfare at the Krulak Center for Innovation and Creativity at Marine Corps University
- Speaking on the future of migration before human rights lawyers from 25 countries at the Academy for Human Rights
- Plenary Speaker at the Academic Council on the U.N. System’s Annual Meeting in Rome, Italy
- Speaking on ISIS and Xenophobia at the Harvard Club of New York
- Speaking on the refugee and migration crisis at WorldBoston, the Boston Chapter of the World Affairs Councils of America.